Thursday, July 30, 2009

the sweetest thing

It is so nice how Caelan truly picks me over others because I am his mama. Its a feeling that I don't think could be replaced by anything else in the world. Yesterday, he was crawling around upstairs and he took a wrong step and face dived into the floor. It wasn't bad, just a bump but it surprised him and he started crying. He immediately crawled over to me, stood up, and put his little arms around my neck. I was instantly sold. He didn't go to my mom, who was right there who spend a lot more time with him that I do. He came to me because I am his mama and he needed me to make sure everything was going to be ok. It might be selfish to relish this moment so much but I realize these are the moments in life that count, that make everything else worth it. I love my son and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment