Saturday, July 18, 2009

funny occurences

Today I spent almost all day at the vegetable market/BX/commissary, you can just imagine how much fun that ended up being. We bought all the week's vegetables at the little vegetable market in Weilerback out by the Baeckerei. It was pretty cheap besides the fact that the exchange just keeps dropping..sucks. I know all that stuff is grown locally so I am doing my part to dimish our carbon footprint. Iknow you are so proud of me, babe. (lol) Then on to the BX to buy the GPS. It ended up being $395. I didn't buy the top of the line one cause it just had bluetooth, voice recognition, and landmark view; these are all features I felt were not worth shelling over another 100 buckaroos. Two funny things I saw: first, a guy wearing the funniest shirt I have seen in a long time. The top said: DaVinci Cod and then it had a picture of Mona Lisa holding a fish. So random. Second, we were eating at the food court and there was a guy with a camouflage hat with bud light bottle caps decorating the whole bill. Like, he had taken the time out of his life to fold the bottle caps around his hat and then worn this in public. Pretty awesome.

I guess you are out in field training since I have not heard from you. We were waiting last night for your Skype call. Caelan stayed up until 10 but then he was way too tired so I had to put him to bed. I wake up to no messages. This sucks. I hope I hear from you soon. I was so bored last night. My mom was watching the Goonies which I HATE. The only good part now is that the little Asian kid kinda looks like Al which cracks me up.

Oh, next weekend we are going on a USO tour to this place called Lucerne in Switzerland. Should be pretty fun. It's just a day thing. And then the day after!!!! Our baby is one year old!!!! I am making him a cake and I am going to plant it in front of him and just let him go at it. Of course, I will take lots of pictures, probably a cake.

Hope to hear from you soon. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment